Contact Us: 0333 5333 350
Contact Us: 0333 5333 350
At Sisu we believe in creating good terms and working conditions for each of our team so that they feel valued and appreciated. We do not underestimate the value of a good team and are keen to hear from people who feel they have something to offer the company and ultimately the families we seek to support.
We are currently seeking to fill 2 night shift positions (full time and part time) Family Support Worker/Assessment Practitioners based at our Residential Family Centre in Haslingden.
Rate of pay starting at £15.59 per hour dependant on experience and qualifications.
Please read job description for further details and apply by downloading our application form and returning it to email@example.com
Closing date is 18th February 2024 but we reserve the right to offer interviews to suitable candidates prior to the closing date.
Sisu Services is a forward-thinking family assessment and support organisation who have a family focused ethos and recognise staff wellbeing as a key driver of quality service provision for the families referred to our services. As a company we pride ourselves on our commitment to staff wellbeing and believe that a welcoming, positive working environment will ensure workers thrive personally and professionally whilst making a real and positive difference to people’s lives.
Striving for an outstanding service where all are treated with respect and dignity, Sisu is a trauma informed, therapeutic setting aiming to support a positive journey for our families, and indeed staff and volunteers, to grow during their time with us. Once a member of our team in whichever role that may be, we promote an equal, empathic and encouraging approach with one another to support emotional wellbeing across the staff team. We believe a happy and healthy workforce has the best possible chance of engaging well with our parents and supporting them on their individual journeys.
Sisu Services is growing and developing its range of services which brings about lots of exciting opportunities for key professionals. All roles are considered integral to the support we offer to families and the quality assessments we provide for our commissioning bodies.
These positions can be challenging due to the intensity of the working relationship workers build with the families and the seriousness of the recommendations we will be making regarding their futures which need to stand up to the scrutiny of Family Court and our commissioners.
To enable workers to fulfil their roles we deliver a robust and reflective supervision programme, striking balance between support and direction where needed. We listen and respond to what workers say they need, ensuring that everything is in place to be able to impact on the positive journey for our staff and families.
As a service we recognise the demands modern life brings coupled with the professional desires we have, therefore we seek to develop a service which is responsive to that for our team. We don’t mind telling you that an important question in your job interview will be ‘what is important to you when working for Sisu?' Tell us about your need for family friendly hours, tell us about your preference for 3 long days rather than 9-5 etc. If you’re right for us we will try to make it work for you.
- Being welcomed into a friendly, energetic, and passionate team – we pride ourselves on our high morale and support for one another. Work is a nice place to be!
- Quarterly team development days – lunch provided followed by a social get together on us – we work hard and recognise the need for downtime!
- Not being micro-managed – we love to hear your ideas and will support you to develop your role as a trusted and independent practitioner whilst balancing it with timely and thoughtful support.
- Being valued. We say it because we know it doesn’t happen everywhere – but we are strong on recognising the hard work that our team puts in and we do our best to show you that in the little things we do.
- Monthly car user bonus and car valet for frequent car users. 55p per mile mileage rate.
- Access to our employee assistance programme giving you confidential free access to a range of services including counselling, legal advice, financial advice, life coaching, fitness and exercise programmes, infertility and pregnancy loss support and many other areas.
- Good quality supervision – frequent, reflective, personal, focused supervision. What you should expect as a minimum and so much more. Backed up with an open-door policy.
- Opportunity for career progression – we are a new and growing organisation and will work with you to build your career in a way that suits you!
There are a number of ways you can join our team at this exciting time of growth and development:
Scroll down for further info on opportunities within the service.
We have all started somewhere and for many of our key roles this has been on work placements whilst undertaking academic studies. At Sisu we feel we have the opportunity to offer fulfilling, informative and educative placements for students on a range of Social Work and Health and Social Care study routes. We can offer qualified and experienced practice educators and work-based supervisors who can support the empowerment of competent workers on the next step of their professional journeys. We take a value driven approach to our support so those on placement with Sisu leave with an understanding of the range of issues facing our families and a skill set to support them.
Whilst we don’t want to overload our families with too many different faces, we recognise the richness that volunteers can add in various ways to our service provision to children and families. Furthermore, we support those trying to make a start in the social care arena and who need relevant experience before gaining employment or studies in associated roles and subjects. From gardening classes to mindfulness and yoga sessions, we are developing our volunteer programme and are always happy to hear from people who feel they want to give something back.